- The TSCC codec was not properly registered with the JMF player.
- JMF player did not work due to missing button icons.
- Adds support for QuickTime videos encoded with TechSmith Capture Codec ("TSCC").
- Adds support for JPEG images with RGB-encoded image data.
- Adds support for AVI videos encoded with TechSmith Capture Codec ("TSCC").
- Adds support for AVI videos encoded with Dos Box Capture Codec aka Zip Mode Block Video ("ZMBV").
- IFF ANIM player and SEQ player used duration + 1 for a video frame, instead of max(duration,1).
- The duration of an IFF ANIM movie was not correct. It included the "wrapup frames", which are normally not played.
- RIFF Struct view shows now multiple consecutive RIFF structures in a file, and not just the first one.
- Fixes playback functions based on ffmpeg, such as for MPEG-4 and VOB videos.
- Updates to Sun pdf-renderer 0.9.0.
- MultiShow runs now on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Adds MPEG4 struct view.
- Adds support for CCRT color cycling.
- Displays the structure of MP3 elementary streams.
- Adds support for Atari CyberPaint Sequence animations.
- ImageIOViewer: Adds support for RGBA JPEG images.
- ImageIOViewer: Fixes memory leak with Fujifilm 3D MPO images.
- EXIFViewer: Fixes values in Fujifilm Maker Note.
- Adds support for color cycling in IFF PBM files.
- Adds a menu option for blending color cycles in IFF ILBM, IFF PBM and IFF ANIM files.
- Fixes JFIF Struct viewer and the EXIF Struct viewer for JFIF files which contain the byte sequence 0xff 0xff.
- Fixes video playback using jffmpeg library.
- The EXIF Struct viewer can now read meta data from an AVI RIFF file. Currently only the Fujifilm MakerNote is supported.
- The EXIF Struct viewer can now read the Parallax tag in the Fujfilm MakerNote.
- The RIFF Struct viewer loads now file data lazily into memory.
- Added NeoChrome struct view.
- Added Cyberpaint Sequence struct view.
- Added PNG struct view.
- Added support for Deluxe Paint IV DRNG color cycling.
- Added some of the supported file types to the .jnlp file and the info.plist file. This allows to open MultiShow by double clicking a supported file.
- Mac OS X: Does not open anymore an empty window when the application is launched by double clicking a file.
- Fixed calculation of color cycling rate in IFF ILBM CRNG color cycling.
- Multiple images in Finepix Real 3D MPO files are now displayed.
- EXIF Struct view: The location of EXIF IFD entries is now highlighted. The contents of the Fujifilm MakerNote is now shown.
- MJPEG AVI videos without a Huffmann-table per video frame can now be played back.
- Added EXIF struct view.
This view also shows the MPF metadata fields in a Finepix Real 3D MPO file.
- Added TIFF struct view.
- Added controls for CRNG color cycling.
- Fixed automatic loading and saving of preferences.
- Added sub-pixel antialiasing to PDF-Viewer.
- Added support for CRNG color cycling in IFF ILBM images and IFF ANIM animations.
- Removed Acrobat PDF viewer.
- Removed QuickTime for Java viewer.
- Added decoder for the IFF ANIM Brush format.
- The rewind and forward buttons of the IFF ANIM player can now be pressed continuously to flip through multiple frames of a video.
- PDF pages can now be rotated.
- Added FMJ-PNG decoder and FMJ-PEG renderer plugins to JMF video player.
- Removed QuickTime for Java support since it is broken.
- Added Sun pdf-renderer library for rendering PDF documents.
- Added JFIF Struct Viewer
- Added experimental support for JPEG images with CMYK and YCCK encoded image data.
- Added Jffmpeg library to support MPEG-1 video, MPEG-2 video and OGG
- IFF ANIM decoder: Added support for Eric Graham's compression method 'J'.
Added support for ping-pong playback.
- Image viewer: Does not attempt to make MultiShow's window larger than the
screen size anymore, if an image is larger than the screen.
- OSX application support improved.
- Fixed a number of bugs in QuickTime Struct view. This view can now handle files larger than 4 GB's. The contents of Atoms is only displayed, if the size of the Atom is less than 20 MB.
- Changed accelerator keys for "New", "Next" and "Previous".
- Fixed broken "Open" and "New" function on Mac OS X, when only the screen
menu bar was showing.
- Closes info dialog, if project changes, and if another info dialog for
the same project is opened.
- IFF ANIM player stops moving the playhead when the user has pressed the
mouse button on the movie slider.
- Fixed broken rendering of IFF ANIM animations that have more than one
- Made info dialog non-modal.
- Previous/Next does now properly determine the sequence
of files for files that have numbers in their name.
- Upgraded to Quaqua Look and Feel 3.1.2.
- Struct viewer shows the the size and offset of a chunk in hex.
- Did several fixes in the IFF ANIM player.
- IFF ANIM player directly generates 24 bit RGB animations if this matches
the screen configuration.
- Changing the "Show Parsed Structures" option now takes immediate effect
in the struct viewer.
- IFF ANIM Player determines Jiffies depending on screen mode. This improves
frame rate fidelity with animations running on non-NTSC monitors.
- Upgraded Quaqua Look and Feel from 2.6 to 2.8.
- Struct viewer for Microsoft Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF) added.
- "Play Wrapup Frames" option added to IFF ANIM Player, to play back the
two last frames of bogus animation files, which do not have proper wrapup
images at the end of the video track.
- Changes of the pixel aspect options of an image are now shown immediately.
- Use the system specific look and feel instead of the cross platform look
- New user interface with screen menu bar on Mac OS X.
- Support for MP3 added by including the MP3Plugin for the Java Media Framework.
- Added an option for choosing the interpolation algorithm for images and
- QuickTime for Java from 3.0 to 6.1.
- JavaBeans Activation Framework from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2
- Quaqua Look And Feel from 2.0 to 2.7.
- Fixed some bugs causing the application to hang when loading an IFF Animation
or a QuickTime movie.
- Improved appearance and usability of file chooser on Mac OS X.
- Java Media Framework from 2.1.1c
- PDFViewer did not work on non-Macintosh
systems because MultiShow shipped without MRJToolkitStubs.zip.
did work on Mac OS X only.
- Java Media
Framework from 2.1 to 2.1.1c
Advanced Imaging API from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
Acrobat Viewer JavaBean 1.1 for PDF files
- ANIM Video Viewers supports now
Amiga Animations with sound encoded using ANIM+SLA or ANIM+ANFI.
- QuickTime Struct viewer decodes now compressed movie headers.
- IFF Struct viewer decodes now SCTL and ANFI chunks.
- Bugfixes and workarounds for QuickTime for Java and Java Media
Framework implemented to make MultiShow work on Mac OS X.
- QuickTime Struct and IFF
Struct viewer: The annoying rectangle at the start of the documentation text does
not appear anymore.
- Find feature for Text Viewers added.
Text Viewer supports now multiple character encodings.
- Accelerator keys
for 'Open next' and 'Open Previous' menu items changed.
- Support for JDK
- Adobe Acrobat
Viewer JavaBean 0.8 for PDF files removed because of memory leaks.
- Java Media
Framework from 2.0 to 2.1
Advanced Imaging API from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2
Acrobat Viewer JavaBean 0.8 for PDF files
for Java for improved support of video and audio
Struct for display of QuickTime file structure and atoms
Struct for display of IFF file structure and chunks
Menu structure complies now to Apple HUI Guidelines on Macintosh and to Java LAF
Guidelines on all other platforms.
Java Media Framework from 1.1 to 2.0
- The user
interface is now built with Swing instead of AWT.
Java Media Framework incorporated.
Java Advanced Imaging API incorporated.
Lots of new datatypes are supported know.
support of bogus Java VM's:
use 8 bits per pixel for ILBM images with IndexColorModel.
supports now files of type IFF ANIM.
MultiShow uses now the JavaBeans Activation Framework (JAF) 1.0.1 to determine
type of a file.
user interface has been reduced for this release (no scroll bar support, no full
for IFF CAT and IFF LIST has been removed for this release.
- The File
dialog shows now the name of the Application "MultiShow".
Displays a message when an image can not be loaded.
frame will be 400x300 pixels wide when opened with "scrollbars" switched on. (In
v0.1 the frame was 0 x 0 pixels on Windows).
Waits till the image has been loaded completely before showing it (avoid flickering
size was not computed correctly.